Location & Facilities
The UQ Rugby Academy is based at the University of Queensland St Lucia Campus which is home to the largest multi-sport facility in Queensland.
The University has established itself as a high performance sporting hub and has been endorsed as an 'Elite Athlete Friendly University" by the Australian Institute of Sport, Queensland Academy of Sport and participating Professional Players Associations including the Rugby Union Players Association.
Currently UQ Sport facilitates internationally recognised high performance programs in Athletics, Rowing and Volleyball.
UQ Sport facilities utilised by the Rugby Academy include:
- Three rugby fields, each illuminated and near the Clubhouse and dressing room
- Fully equipped weights gymnasium and fitness centre staffed by tertiary qualified exercise physiologists. It contains international standard Olympic and power lifting area and the latest cardiovascular equipment.
- Sports medicine facility including physiotherapy, massage therapists and sports physicians
- Change rooms for strapping and hot & cold recovery sessions
- Modern seminar room and AV facility for seminars, presentations and tactical development sessions
- Volleyball courts for fitness and tackling drills
- International standard 8 lane synthetic athletics track for speed training and physiological testing
- 8 lane Olympic swimming pool for recovery sessions